Wednesday 27 September 2017

I Would March For...

WALT: Write an effective argument for our chosen political party.


Stand with us…


In my opinion I think that New Zealand First is a great party and has good policies these are : Restrict land ownership by non-residents, Abolish secondary tax and Remove GST from all food. In this argument I am going to cover three points of why you should vote for New Zealand First. The first point that I have for you is New Zealand First has a policy to restrict land ownership by non-residents.


Restrict land ownership by non-residents.


New Zealand First will restrict ownership of land by non-residents (Non-residents are people from overseas). Non-residents would only be able to buy houses where a genuine need to do so can be established. All sales of farmland to non-residents will be banned. It is also good because New Zealand will own its own land. recently a lot of people have come from overseas and bought OUR land. New Zealand’s primary industries have been slipping into foreign control. Immigrants are also increasing demand for residential property, driving up house prices. Restricting non-residents ownership of land will therefore reduce demand for property, bringing down house prices making it easier for new homebuyers.Another policy that I agree with is abolishing secondary tax.


Abolish secondary tax.


Secondary tax is applied to income from a second job and which is often collected at a higher rate than tax on income from a main job. I believe that secondary tax is an unfair burden on people who have more than one job. Most people have these second jobs so they CAN pay the bills, tax and their needs I feel, there is no need to secondary tax as it does not help the people that are struggling in New Zealand and who are working hard for that money. Abolishing secondary tax will make the tax system more fair and help people working multiple jobs make ends meet. Another reason you should vote for NZ First is because they want to remove GST from all food.


Remove GST from all food.


It will make the cost of food at grocery stores less. Some people in New Zealand might not have the money to afford it. New Zealand First will remove GST from food. Food sold as part of a service in restaurants and takeaway shops will still be subject to GST, but food purchased by those outlets would be GST free. New Zealand first's IS a great party but the party I don't agree with is labour. I don't agree with them because they may want to do good things but that all comes down to them taxing us more Were New Zealand First is about us being fair and equal as New Zealand citizenship.


Establish a Tax Working Group.


Labour believes that New Zealand needs a more balanced, fair and simple tax system. Change to the tax system shouldn’t be random and unfocused. This is bad because what if the new system doesn't work and furthermore makes us have to pay more to the government. It will focus in particular on creating a more balanced tax system, including between assets, wealth, income and consumption. I also think this is bad because people who are wealthier shouldn't be taxed more just because they may own a business or have worked hard to get that money and people with two jobs or more are doing these jobs so they CAN pay all their bills. This is a very good point on why you shouldn't vote for Labour. I feel that it is best if YOU vote New Zealand First.


In this argument I have stated (What I think and feel) the best policies that New Zealand's First has to offer. In my opinion I think that New Zealand First is a great party and has good policies. I have talked to you about three of New Zealand's First policies, these policies are : Restrict land ownership by non-residents, Abolish secondary tax and Remove GST from all food. I have also told you why I don't agree with Labour. So Who are you going to vote for? If I was you then I would vote for New Zealand First.

My next steps are: Understand what the policies mean/ get a better understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment